Saturday, August 13, 2011

Meow Cosmetics Blush in Glisten (from the Firefly Collection) Review and Swatches

I think there's only 3 more Meow blushes for me to review!  Then I'll do a big comparison post, and hopefully never buy blush from them again (okay, not for a few months, at least!).  Today's installment: Glisten.
Photo from meowcosmetics.com

The thing that drew me to Glisten was the online swatch picture.  It looks so glowy and pretty!  And quite similar to my favoritest Meow blush, Racy.  In reality, the color is closer to what the description says, which is "medium rosy pink", though it looks very different depending on the light.  Firefly blushes are supposed to "leave a dewy glow of summery sunkissed color" when worn, and I would say Glisten does that quite wonderfully.
Heavy swatch in cloudy light (warmer than it appears here)

Heavy swatch in cloudy light, different angle

Sheer wash in sunlight; out of focus to show shimmer––it does kind of look like fireflies!

It's a very summery, warm, watermelon pink with gold shimmer, and has a very sunkissed effect.  It makes me look like I've been in the sun tanning (instead of my usual in the sun burning).  As I've come to expect from Meow, this blush is smooth, creamy, blendable, and lasts all day.  Another winner!

Overview
$9.25 for 10 g jar, $16.25 for 20 g jar, available from Meow

Price: 8 (see review of Racy for why)
Value: 9.5
Quality: 9.5
Ease of Use: 4.25 (while a loose powder, this one is exceptionally blendable and easy to wear, so application is easy)
Pigmentation: 5 (it's not so dark I have to worry a lot about putting too much on, but it's pigmented enough to add a nice flush without much product; on darker skin, it may have more of a light blush/highlighter combo effect)
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Grade: A-


What do you think of Glisten?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...