Monday, August 29, 2011

Tip Tuesdays and Recommendation Thursdays

I'm going to try out having several weekly features, because that will give me the structure and routine I love while also making sure that I cover a wide variety of topics and hopefully serve your needs better!

Tuesdays will be the temporal home for makeup and beauty tips and tutorials, but for it to work, I need your input!  (Yes, I'm asking for even more comments, but I promise, it will be worth it!)  I ran a post on eyebrow maintenance and grooming awhile ago at the suggestion of a friend, and my hope is to do other features like that on Tuesdays.  You can ask for any kind of help or guidance for any kind of makeup or beauty problems or questions you have, and I will do my best to answer.  Some possibilities: how to apply eyeshadow, how to make lipstick last longer, basics of hair color, how to do facial contouring, what to do for healthy nails and cuticles, how to choose a lipstick color, etc., etc.  There are no limits.  Ask anything, and I will do my best to answer!

Recommendation Thursdays (because "R" is the abbreviation for Thursday on the UO class schedules) will be a chance for me to suggest products, and ask for suggestions in return.  While Tip Tuesday will focus on how to do beauty things, Recommendation Thursday will emphasize what to use.  Since I haven't actually tried that many products, contrary to what my plentiful reviews would suggest, I'll be relying a lot on other sites to help make my recommendations (Makeup Alley, Sephora, Total Beauty, and other beauty blogs).  Some things you could ask for recommendations for: red lipstick, finishing powder, lip balm, foundation for dry skin, shampoo for fine hair, nail treatment to strengthen nails, volumizing mascara, cream blush, etc.  The possibilities are pretty much endless.  I'll also ask you what suggestions you have for a given product category, because I love hearing what other people use and why they like it!

I'm hoping these two features will allow me to put my mad researching skills to good use, and result in you having a better grasp on beauty-related things and being able to make informed purchasing decisions.

To let me know what topics you'd like to see covered, you can:
Leave comments on this post (a link here is posted under "basics", in the left sidebar)
Leave comments on future Tip Tuesday/Recommendation Thursday posts
Shoot me an email at beyondjustbeauty (at) gmail (dot) com

So!  What do you want to know more about?  Comments are love (and help me make the blog better for you)!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...