Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wet N Wild Wild Shine Nail Color in Dreamy Poppy Review and Swatches

It's summer (sure took its time getting here, though), and that means bright toenails (and iced coffee, and minidresses, and sunscreen).  I've been gravitating more towards darker nails the past few weeks, but had a yen for actually matching the season recently, and picked out a $0.99 Wet N Wild nail polish that seemed to fit the bill.  Dreamy Poppy is a happy hot coral-pink; in the fluorescent lighting in the store, it looked more coral, but I'm pretty pleased with it nonetheless.
Dreamy Poppy in sunlight
It took 3 coats for full opacity (but this is in part because I'm truly terrible at painting my nails), but drying time was pretty quick, so it didn't bother me too much.  It was on the thick side, but definitely not too thick to work with easily.

3 coats Dreamy Poppy on Scotch tape in sunlight

I topped it with Essence's Space Queen for sparkle, but I don't actually like the effect––too Barbie for me.  It's still going strong on my toes, and I figure it'll last as long as Black Creme (though I think I'll be removing it before it has the chance to chip!).  One thing to note (favorably!) is the brush on the Wild Shines; it's thin-ish and mildly flexible, so it's very easy to control and get good coverage on the nail.

Overview
$0.99 for 0.43 oz, available at drugstores/wherever Wet N Wild is sold (for August, it's on sale for only $0.69 at Rite Aid!)

Price: 10
Value: 9.5
Quality: 8
Ease of Use: 4.25 (3 coats necessary, or very careful application of 2)
Pigmentation: 4.5
Duration: 5
Consistency: 3.5
Grade: A-

What do you think of Dreamy Poppy?  Do you like hot pink nails?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...