Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sweet Butter Roasted Almonds

Look, guys!  I'm posting about something besides beauty!  My blog title is no longer nonsensical!  Me being me, of course, this is about food.  Delicious sweet, crunchy, butter-roasted nuts, in fact.  They're easier than falling off a log to make, and even easier than that (though I'm not sure what could be easier than falling off a log, if we're being honest) to eat.  If you don't dilly dally, these take about 20 minutes to make; if you're like me and continually get distracted/feel the need to wash your hands because you can't stand it when they're dirty, it'll take more like half an hour or 40 minutes.  Roughly half of that is waiting for them to cook, though, so it hardly counts--you could even write a blog post about them while you're waiting for them to cook (which may be what I'm doing...).

Ingredients
(I just went and checked on how they're doing, and burnt myself on the oven door.  That's not recommended!)
1/4 c. dark brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
4 c. raw almonds (or other nut of your choice; I did half almonds, half walnuts for this batch)
1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter, melted
raw nuts
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.  In a small bowl, mix together the sugars, cinnamon, and salt.
sugar mixture before it was fully blended

In a medium bowl, toss the almonds with butter until evenly coated (using a big spoon works great).
buttered nuts!
Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the almonds, then toss until well coated.
Spread the almonds in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.  Serve warm or allow to cool and transfer to an air-tight container.

Makes 4 cups.  I can give you the nutrition info for 1/4 c. servings, but that would just make us both sad. Suffice it to say: these are not a low-calorie option.  They are, however, a delicious option, and I highly recommend you make them.  Right now.  Go!  Eat!  Then tell me what you think :)  (Recipe from the Register-Guard)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...