Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wet N Wild Wild Shine Nail Polish in Night Prowl Review and Swatches

I saw this polish swatched by Scrangie, and wanted it so much.  I convinced myself to hold off for a few weeks, since it's not a very summery color, and it's not limited edition so I knew it wasn't going anywhere, but then Rite Aid had their sale where the already-cheap $0.99 polishes were knocked down to $0.69, and I decided to pick it up.  And then, a couple weeks later, decided to write that run-on sentence.  Funny how things happen.

Anyways.  I painted my toes with it a few days ago, and will now share my thoughts!
Wet N Wild Night Prowl in sunlight

In the bottle, it looks like a dark dark black-purple-red with magenta sparkles, really stunning.  It took me four coats to get the same opacity on my nails, because it's sheer and a bit runny, so next time I'll just paint a couple coats over WNW's Black Creme and save myself some trouble.
3 coats Night Prowl over Scotch tape in indirect sunlight; I didn't take any nail swatches because I didn't want to subject anyone to the horror of my feets
1 coat Night Prowl over 2 coats Black Creme; see how much more even and well-behaved that is?

It's really pretty in sunlight, but indoors and in shade the sparkles don't show up much, so it just looks like a dark polish.  I wore it over two layers of base coat because I didn't want it staining, which worked, though I'm not sure it's really a staining polish (better safe than sorry, though!).  Sadly, a few days into wearing it, it chipped on my big toe.  Admittedly, this was after I stubbed it on a plastic box, but still!  I could have just plopped a dob of polish over it, but decided I would rather just remove the polish and wear something else.  I do think I'll like it much better in the wintertime on my fingernails, because it will be easier to see the shimmer when it's not all the way down on my footsies, and when the weather is a little gloomier and more welcoming of dark polish.

Overview
$0.99 for 0.43 oz, available wherever Wet N Wild is sold (Rite Aid, Fred Meyer, Walgreens, possibly CVS)

Quality: 8
Effectiveness: 4
Ease of Use: 4.5 (several layers are needed for opacity)
Senses: 5 (smooth on the nail)
Pigmentation: 3.75
Duration: 3.5
Consistency: 3.75 (runny and thin)
Price: 5
Value: 4.5
Grade: B


What do you think of Night Prowl?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...