Friday, August 26, 2011

Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Fierce Blue Review and Swatches

I like dark blue eyeliner (that's the redeeming feature of Night Owl), and I like the convenience of pencils.  I'd heard many a great thing about Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner, not least of which is that it's a drugstore dupe for Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, and have long been wanting to try it.  Seeing that Liz from Cafe Makeup (the luxury makeup blog to end all luxury makeup blogs) wears it (in black, but still) really made me want to try it, and Rite Aid's promotion was all the incentive I needed.  I know you're just dying to know how it compares to UD and Prestige Waterproof pencils...
Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Fierce Blue
Frankly, it knocks them all out of the water.  I am beyond impressed.  For one thing, it is the smoothest, glidiest (totally a word, shut up) eyeliner pencil I've ever had the pleasure of using.  There is absolutely no tugs or drag during application; it's like using a gel eyeliner in that respect.  It barely needs any pressure to give a nice, pigmented line, and can be easily more dramatic when the tip is flatter (you can stroke it across the back of your hand to get it to become dull if you want a thick line).  The color is gorgeous: a dark, shimmery blue that would flatter anyone (seriously, anyone).
Semi-sharpened
Freshly sharpened (top) and after use (bottom), in sunlight

Same swatches, in different angle of sunlight

It sharpens easily, especially considering how soft it is.  More awesomeness?  It lasts all day without smudging, flaking, or migrating.  None of my other eyeliners can say that.  I haven't tried crying in it (or the happier option of showering wearing it), but removing the swatches on my arm took vigorous scrubbing and several rounds of soap and water (both because I wanted to test it for wear, and because I was too lazy to go upstairs and use my makeup remover).  Really, truly wonderful.
Worn on top lashline (the flakes are from the mascara)

I want to get more colors, but my collection is pretty complete for now (I've got purple, green, blue, brown, and black...hey, I need charcoal!  I mean, I "need" charcoal) so I'll have to wait a little while before I can justify buying another. At $5.50 for 0.04 oz, it's much cheaper than UD liners, but still more than I really like to pay; however, it's the cheapest I've seen for creamy eyeliners (including UD on eBay), and the quality is top-notch, so I'm just going to have to put on my big-girl panties and fork it over...eventually.

Overview
$5.50 for 0.04 oz, available at Rite Aid, UltaPrestige, and as a 3-pack from Amazon (Prestige Total Intensity Long Wearing Eye Liner, Fierce Blue Blue, 0.04-Ounce (Pack of 3))

Quality: 10
Effectiveness: 5 (lasts all day without smudging or flaking, and is at least somewhat waterproof!)
Ease of Use: 4.75 (you have to sharpen it, but that's a thing for every pencil eyeliner)
Senses: 5 (doesn't irritate my eyes, not that eyeliners tend to, but still!)
Pigmentation: 5
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5

Price: 4
Value: 4.5
Grade: A


What do you think of Fierce Blue?  Have you tried any Total Intensities?  Comments make eyeliner last all day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...