Sunday, August 7, 2011

Meow Cosmetics Blush in Elephant (from the Pink Inc Collection) Review and Swatches

Elephant, a pale shimmery warm pink-peach, was a free sample that Meow sent with one of my orders.

image from meowcosmetics.com
I would never have chosen it for myself, since the swatch and description online ("like an orange dreamsicle dipped in cotton candy pink") do not call out to me, but I'm not sad to have gotten it from them.
It's very, very pale––so pale that even I can't really wear it as a blush, but it makes a lovely luminizer.
Out of focus to show shimmer
Actual color is between this and photo above
It's peachier than Mary-Lou Manizer, and does impart a bit of color, so it tends to work best layered over a blush for dimension rather than being swept above blush on the cheekbone.  Like other Meow blushes, it's smooth, finely milled, and extremely blendable, and the shimmer is glowy, not garish.  It does lose some points for pigmentation, though, because it's supposed to be a blush in and of itself, not a highlighter, but I really can't see anyone except a legit albino (is that p.c. to say??) using it that way.  I think it could actually look really stunning on darker, warm skin as a highlighter, because the peachy sheen would look very flattering as an accent.

Overview
$9.25 for 2 g, $16.25 for 4 g, $1 for sample baggie, available from Meow

Price: 8 (see my review of Racy for rationale)
Value: 9
Quality: 10
Ease of Use: 4 (really foolproof application except for the fact that it's a loose powder)
Pigmentation: 3 (if it were supposed to be a luminizer, this would be a 5, but since it's billed as a blush, I had to knock a couple points off)
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Grade: B+


What do you think of Elephant?  Would you bother layering blushes?  Share your thoughts!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...