Monday, August 15, 2011

Meow Cosmetics Eye Shadow Swatches

I don't really do loose eyeshadows, because they're messy and challenging and have to be used wet for maximum color payoff.  However, I have received a few free shadow samples from Meow with my orders, and I've finally decided to get around to swatching them for y'all.  I can't speak to their longevity or ease of use, but I think they're lovely, and if you're the loose shadow wearing type, you should check out Meow's enormous selection!

Here are swatches of each (with different settings to show how they look in different light), along with descriptions.  As always, you can click on the photos to enlarge them (and I highly recommend you do, because it shows the complexity much better!).

First up is Sunrise, a shadow from the Ideal Eyes line.  Described by Meow as a "light golden beige", I think it approaches taupe when applied wet:
Cool light; applied wet (top) and dry (bottom)

Warm light; applied wet (top) and dry (bottom)

Warm light; applied dry, not blended as much as the dry swatches above

Claws and Effect, also from the Ideal Eyes line, is a "caramelized copper with golden sheen", though I think it's a light gold.  Very pretty, and reminds me of Honey Pot from the Too Faced palette.
Cool light; applied wet (top) and dry (bottom)

Warm light; applied wet (top) and dry (bottom)

Warm light; heavy swatch applied dry

Swanky, another Ideal Eyes shadow, is extremely complex and gorgeous.  The description, a "medium garnet rose/plum", does not even begin to do it justice.  I'll let the pictures do the talking:
Cool light; applied wet (above) and dry (below)

Warm light; applied wet (above) and dry (below)

Warm light; dry swatch applied heavily
When applied dry, it ranges from a sheer blackened red to an opaque garnet that rubs down to blue (you can see the right side of the dry heavy swatch shows the blue-black base, since I rubbed it down more there).  Wet is when it really shines: the shimmery, rich garnet rubs down to a rich blue.  This is duochrome at its finest.  Absolute love (just because I couldn't wear this, doesn't mean I don't still think it's gorgeous!).

Lastly is a shadow from the special edition Egyptian Treasures collection, Nile (you can find this and other products from the Egyptian Treasures collection under the "what's new at Meow" tab).  Meow describes it as a "deep vivid metallic blue-gold", which is pretty accurate, though it pulls cool on me (white gold, not yellow).  It's really stunning when applied wet:
Cool light; applied wet (top) and dry (bottom)--such a huge difference!

Warm light; applied wet (top) and dry (bottom)

Warm light; dry swatch, heavily applied
Nile, like Swanky, is one of those colors that just begs to be admired, even though it's unlikely I'd ever wear it.  Just: yum.

Have you tried any shadows from Meow?  What do you think of these?  Which one's your favorite?  How do you feel about loose shadows?  Comments make shadows look foiled!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...