Tuesday, August 23, 2011

15 Weird Things About Me

The lovely Nouveau Cheap posted this and tagged "everyone", and I figured I counted as a member of that group, so why not!

What's a nickname only your family calls you?
I guess the closest thing to a consistent, family-only nickname is Amers, though not everyone calls me that (my mother's name of choice is "sweet pea"), and I'm sure there are non-family members who have used that, too.

What's a weird habit of yours?
I have a lot of weird habits, but I guess the one most applicable to this blog is that I rub my lips together a lot, mostly to ensure that whatever I'm wearing is equally spread (and out of annoyance when I've got nothing on).  I also always set my alarm for a time that is a mathematical equation (so, 8:35 instead of 8:30, since 8-3=5, or 3:41, since 3-4=-1, or 2:22, since 2=2=2).

Do you have any weird phobias?
I hate fire, but I don't think that's too weird.

What's a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?
I don't have just the one, but usually something that I know all the words to (mostly oldies), or trashy top 40 songs that I hate myself for listening to.  Girl Talk is great for dancing around when I'm cleaning, but I can't really sing along to it.

What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
Oogh, another tough one.  I hate improper use of punctuation, and I tend to violently dislike most commercials (like that one with the guy and the toilet paper that's too hard, then too soft, then just right––why don't you get the toilet paper yourself, mister, instead of expecting your significant other to give it to you?  You're not even on the toilet!).

What's one of your nervous habits?
Well, the lip-rubbing thing again, as well as playing with my hair and pushing back my cuticles (that's more a bored habit, though).

What side of the bed do you sleep on?
I don't tend to care, though if the bed is next to a wall, I'd rather be the person on the inside than the outside.  When sleeping alone, I tend to just roll all over the place and sleep diagonally.

What was your first stuffed animal and its name?
She was a doll, and her name was Ooie (I got her when I was a baby, and I would say "oo!  oo!" whenever I wanted her, hence the name).  My most beloved stuffie, though, is Bunny (she's a bunny), and I got her at a school raffle in 2nd grade.  She came pre-loved, and I still sleep with her every night.

What's the drink you always order at Starbucks?
I don't frequent Starbucks very often (only when I have a gift card), but I usually either go for a tall caramel Frappuccino (with whipped cream, duh) or an Earl Grey tea latte.

What's the beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
Um...don't pop your zits.  I just can't help myself!

Which way do you face in the shower?
Away from the showerhead, unless I'm washing my face?  Isn't that what everyone does?

Do you have any weird body skills?
My elbows are double-jointed.

What's your favorite comfort food that's 'bad', but you love to eat it anyways?
Isn't that, like, the definition of comfort food?  Desserts are my usual go-to when I'm feeling down, but grilled cheese and tomato soup are where it's at when I'm sick.

What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
Lately, I've taken to saying "what the frack".  I don't know where I got that from, but I suspect 30 Rock. I also bust out German when I'm frustrated or have been drinking.

Time to sleep––what are you actually wearing?
Unless I'm away from home, just my underwear.  I sleep really warm, and it's hard enough staying cool enough without adding additional clothing.  I do have many pairs of pajama pants that I wear when I'm wandering around at home and don't feel like wearing real clothing.

Now, I tag all of you!  Tell me about yourselves :-)  Here's the list; you can reply in the comments or on your own blog (link there so I'm sure to see it!):


What's a nickname only your family calls you?
What's a weird habit of yours?
Do you have any weird phobias?
What's a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?
What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
What's one of your nervous habits?
What side of the bed do you sleep on?
What was your first stuffed animal and its name?
What's the drink you always order at Starbucks?
What's the beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
Which way do you face in the shower?
Do you have any weird body skills?
What's your favorite comfort food that's 'bad', but you love to eat it anyways?
What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
Time to sleep––what are you actually wearing?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...