Friday, August 19, 2011

Wet N Wild Wild Shine Nail Polish in Caribbean Frost Review and Swatches

This is one of the first polishes I bought this summer, and one I wore on my toes a couple months ago.  Finally getting around to reviewing it, whee!  It's a lovely green-leaning turquoise with shimmer, very summery.
Caribbean Frost in sunlight (sorry about the blurriness, but the color is accurate!)
The formula is really nice: smooth and with perfect viscosity (not watery, not thick and gloppy).  It takes only 2 coats to get opaque coverage, and with base and top coats, it lasted me 2 weeks on my toes with minimal tip wear and no chipping.  It looks greener on me than it does in the bottle, but it's still really lovely.
2 coats Caribbean Frost in sunlight
When I was playing around swatching, I tried topping it with one of the Sinful polishes I got, Hottie, a sparkly blue (review to come).  It looks very pretty, and I'll give it a try the next time I'm in the mood for teal!
1 coat of Hottie over 2 coats Caribbean Frost in sunlight

If you're looking for a nice green teal, Caribbean Frost is an excellent choice.

Overview
$0.99 for 0.43 oz, available at drugstores (and, for the month of August, it's only $0.69 at Rite Aid!)

Color: 8.5
Formula: 9
Pigmentation & Finish: 4.5
Brush & Bottle: 4.5
Price/Value: 5
Grade: A-


Do you like teal nail polish?  Do you have a favorite?  What do you think of Caribbean Frost?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...