Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wet N Wild Wild Shine Nail Polish in Blue Moon Review and Swatches

I was looking through some of Scrangie's gorgeous swatches of Wet N Wild polish and was particularly drawn to the gorgeous sparkling dark blue, Blue Moon.  I chose to put it on my toesies, as usual, and proceeded to enjoy gorgeous jewel toenails.  It's definitely my favorite out of the Wet N Wilds I've reviewed so far (because as much as I admire Black Creme, it's hard to get really excited about a black polish), and a color I imagine I'll be getting a lot of use out of come winter.
Blue Moon in sunlight
The formula is similar to Caribbean Frost's, in that it's smooth and not too thick or thin.  It takes 3 thin coats, or 2 thick coats, for opaque coverage, and lasts more than a week on toes with proper base and top coats.  I love how it has this gorgeous tealy shimmer, but it's really subtle and you can only see it when light directly hits it, so the rest of the time it looks like a rich, dark royal blue (and still looks blue, not black, regardless of lighting).
The weird bumpiness is from my arm tendon, but you can see how dark and creamy the blue looks when not under direct light

on pinkie in sunlight, no topcoat––crazy shiny all on its own!

Really breathtaking, or, as Scrangie says, "SO HOT".  So true.

Overview
$0.99 for 0.43 oz, available at drugstores (only $0.69 at Rite Aid during August!)

Price: 10
Value: 10
Quality: 10
Ease of Use: 10
Pigmentation: 5
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Grade: A+

What do you think of Blue Moon?  I highly recommend going to Scrangie's site and looking at her swatches, because they blow mine out of the water (always).  Do you like dark nails?  Would you wear them in the summer, or save them for winter?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...