Friday, August 5, 2011

mark. I-Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Night Owl Review and Swatches

You can file this post under "things I can't have," as this color of I-Mark has been discontinued since I bought it.  I feel I would be remiss not reviewing the entire palette, though, so I shall plow forward with this nonetheless (though in an abbreviated fashion), and perhaps Mark will someday decide to bring it back.
Night Owl, far right
This is another firmly-compacted shadow, which makes it harder to get intense pigmentation.  This would be less of a problem if it swatched as a lighter version of the color in the pan, but instead it looks like a slightly patchy, sheer black with a hint of blue.
Over primer (top) and bare skin (bottom)
I can make it work in my crease for a smokey eye, and it does show up a bit bluer on the eye, though not as blue as it could.  Much like Jealous Jordana, though, Night Owl works wonderfully as a liner applied with a damp bent eyeliner brush.  The concentration of pigment is maximized by the water and small surface area, and the dark blue is great for emphasizing my eyes without the starkness that black liner can give.  So: it's not a stellar shadow, but it can be made to work.  A rich dark blue is a shade that I think anyone can wear, but you'll have to look elsewhere for such a shadow (or let me know if you have a good one!).

Overview
$4.50 for 0.08 oz, available on eBay (at time of posting)

Price: 8
Value: 9
Quality: 6.5
Ease of Use: 3
Pigmentation: 2.5
Duration: 5
Consistency: 3.25
Packaging: -1
Grade: C-


Do you wear dark blue eyeshadow?  What brand do you prefer?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...