Friday, August 26, 2011

Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Hottie Review and Swatches

Next in our series on Sinful's glitter polishes is the blue Hottie.  I'd seen swatches of it on Shimmer Kisser and thought it looked gorgeous, so I decided to pick it up when they were half-off.  I've come to realize that I don't actually like blue fingernail polish, so this is one that will have to be relegated to my toes, but I have some (rather messy) finger swatches for you, since I didn't know I didn't like blue on my fingers until after I'd gotten done painting them.  Live and learn, I suppose!
Hottie

The same problems with formula plague Hottie as did Nail Junkie and Pink Sparkle; it's thick and goopy, and trying to do thin layers is impossible.  It has a similar mix of sparkle as the other two, with a combination of small sparklies and bigger flakies.
One coat Hottie over Scotch tape
2 coats Hottie over Scotch tape
1 coat Hottie over Wet N Wild Black Creme on Scotch tape
2 coats Hottie over Black Creme on Scotch tape
2 coats Hottie on nails under fluorescent inside light (I was doing my nails at night); I'm sorry for the messy application, but I wasn't willing to wear it long enough to fix it
3 coats Hottie on nails (application is even worse!)

It's nice, but it's not love for me.  If you like blue, though, this might be right up your alley!  See my review of Nail Junkie for application and removal issues.

Overview
$1.99 for 0.50 oz, available at drugstores

Quality: 8
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 3
Senses: 4
Pigmentation: 4.25 (one coat is plenty pigmented if you're layering, but it takes 3+ coats if worn alone)
Duration: 3.75 (I'm assuming it's the same as the other Sinfuls I've tried)
Consistency: 3 (thick and unwieldy, even worse than the others)
Price: 4.5
Value: 5 (even though it's not a color I love, I won't dock points for here, because I must learn to be more objective)
Grade: B-

What do you think of Hottie?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...