Wednesday, August 3, 2011

mark. I-Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Tiki Review and Swatches

Next up in the Mark eyeshadow series: Tiki.
Tiki on the far left
Tiki is a medium-dark shimmery warm gold.  I chose to get it because it got overwhelmingly positive reviews on MUA (90% would buy again!) and at the time I didn't have any gold eyeshadows.  I find it's too warm and dark to wear as a lid color on me, but I think it would be gorgeous used as such on darker lovelies.
Tiki over primer (top, one swipe) and bare skin (bottom, several swipes)

I find it works better for me in my crease, and when worn with Honey Pot (from the Too Faced Natural Eye palette) over the lid, it makes a lovely gold eye (that's what I'm wearing today, in fact!).  It's not as soft or pigmented as it could be, as was the case with Minx, but it's not irksome enough to affect its performance as a crease color.  Tiki works much better over a primer than on bare skin, which is something to keep in mind.  It's a lovely color, though definitely best suited to warmer, darker complexions.

The same packaging issues apply here as with Minx, so I won't reiterate them, but you can go back to that post to review if you so desire.

Overview
$5 for 0.08 oz, available from mark.

Pros: Generous size, rich color (over primer), long-lasting
Cons: Needs primer, very warm, flimsy packaging

Price: 8
Value: 9
Quality: 8
Ease of Use: 4.5
Pigmentation: 4.25
Duration: 5
Consistency: 3.75
Packaging: -1
Grade: B-


What do you think of Tiki?  How would you wear it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...