Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Favorites

Happy February 29! What better way to commemorate it than with another monthly favorite post? (There's also a lot of beauty sales going on, if you've still got room in your monthly budget! I, naturally, do not.) I didn't do one for January because there wasn't anything significantly different from December's list, but I've found myself reaching for other things this month (with the exception of Cabana Boy, which is on both lists!) so I thought it appropriate to post a new one.
I've been using Revlon ColorStay frequently since I got it, and I'm still loving it, especially over primer. The color match is great, it offers good coverage, and it doesn't reek! Yay! And, since my skin's been having some issues (check back for Skincare Saturday this week!), I've been very glad to have theBalm TimeBalm concealer on my side. I like applying it with my Ecotools concealer brush and topping it with Kryolan––keeps me covered all day!

I've been checking out several primers the past few weeks; I'm not really very good about using them regularly, since it's an extra step in the morning, when I'm drowsy and always, always running behind, but I have worn Too Faced Primed and Poreless a few times, and I think it helps a lot! I'll do a review of it soon, I promise :-)

Another Too Faced product has also made it into frequent rotation: their Shadow Insurance, a shadow primer that's quite beloved by a lot of my favorite bloggers. I picked it up during a sale of theirs, and I've gotta say, the hype is well-deserved. It keeps my eyeshadow perfectly intact through the whole day, and thanks to it, I've found myself enjoying wearing eye makeup again, since I know my effort won't be negated within a few hours! And yes, I'll get around to doing a post on it, too.

MAC Dalliance is a shadow I've been reaching for often. It's discontinued (sadface), but it's a wonderful pewter shimmer that brightens my eyes in a jiffy. It's great over TFSI, and I like pairing it with the brown-blue duochrome shadow from Comfort Zone for a subtly colorful but still wearable eye.

theBalm Cabana Boy and CARGO Tonga have been my two go-to blushes of late; Tonga goes with everything and lasts all day (seriously, that blush is amazing), and Cabana Boy brightens my face and gives me a lovely berry flush. I've also layered Deep Throat over Tonga a few times, which warms it up and adds a bit of sheen––very pretty!

Revlon Sugar Plum is still my HG lipstick (seriously, if you don't have an MLBB already, you need Sugar Plum. Heck, even if you do, it's worth picking up!), and I wear it pretty much daily, but I've also been reaching for Revlon Red Velvet for times when I want to be glamorous, dahling. It wears down to a really nice stain, too, which makes it very nice for days when I don't want to have to pull out lipstick and instead can just wear lip balm!

My nails have been...how do I put this. Um, spazzing the eff out? They're seriously unhappy with me right now, so I haven't been wearing nail polish much. I have, however, been trying several nail treatments, and I'll give you my thoughts on them (and fast dry top coats, because I have lots of thoughts on those, too) soon.

ready to be washed out and recycled!
I finally managed to finish a product that isn't shampoo, conditioner, or mousse––I've got my daily routine for hair, so I go through those every couple months: a gigantic body wash that I got months ago, Caress Sheer Twilight. I really liked it; it has a floral but still kind of deep scent, with "black orchid and juniper oil", and it lathers like nobody's business, but I felt the need to actually start using up some of my body washes and it was the closest to being empty! I think it's still available at drugstores; I didn't realize it was associated with Twilight (in spite of the name; I figured that was just referring to the smell, kind of rich and sexy and nighttime-y) and honestly I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had––I just loathe those books/movies and everything they stand for (vampires should not sparkle! WTF! And women should not wait around for men to rescue them! And Jacob sexually assaulted Bella, you guys! She needs counseling!). I guess it's probably a good thing that I didn't know, though, because I enjoyed the scent a lot!

Other things I've been loving: the Edamame bowl at Café Yumm, good cheap red wine (this is kind of a perpetual love), the fact that it's less than a month til I see my girlies (!!!!!!!), and my rice bag (which I heat up and stick in the foot of my bed to keep my feetsies warm, thus making it easier for me to go to sleep!). Also: bluegrass ;-)

Anywhoozle. What have you been loving this month?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...