Sunday, November 6, 2011

NARS Blush in Deep Throat Review and Swatches

NARS is renowned for their blush, especially Orgasm, for being finely milled and blendable.  I'd used a friend's Deep Throat, which is typically characterized as the pale girl's Orgasm, a couple of times before, and with the arrival of Sephora F&F and a very generous birthday Sephora gift card from a friend, I decided it was time for me to pick up my own.
Deep Throat in sunlight

Described as a "flirty sheer peach with shimmer", on me it comes across as a light warm pink with subtle sheen.
Swatched lightly (top; enlarge to see the shimmer better) and really heavily (bottom)
It's quite pigmented, but the texture is pretty firm, so I don't find I have to be really careful with application; using either my denser, flatter E.L.F. blush brush or fluffier, softer Real Techniques blush brush works fine.  It gives a very natural, lovely hint of flush to my cheeks, with very subtle sheen (no sparkles, thankfully!).  It can be built up for deeper skin tones, and lighter folk like me barely need any product at all.  In short, I love it, though I'm hoping it'll last forever, since the only way I can afford another is with someone else's money...

Here it is compared to two other blushes in my collection, Frat Boy and Hot Mama, both from theBalm:
Left to right: Hot Mama, Deep Throat, Frat Boy
Hot Mama is the pinkest and the most shimmery, and Frat Boy is the peachiest, with Deep Throat falling in between both in terms of color and shimmer-level.

Overview
$27 for 0.16 oz, available from Sephora and NARS

Quality: 10
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 5
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 5
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Price: 1
Value: 2 (0.16 is on the small end of blushes, though you don't need much product, so it will last awhile)
Packaging: -0.25 (the rubbery black catches stray powder and lint like no other, making it a challenge to keep clean!  Mine is already "dirty", and I've had it a week...sheesh)
Grade: B


It's a lovely blush, and I definitely recommend, but the high price and small size bring the overall grade down.

Have you tried any NARS blushes?  Which ones do you like?  Do you think they're worth the money?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...