Saturday, February 18, 2012

Skincare Saturday: Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed Review

This was another sample I got from Sephora in their Prep Kit. I'm happy to say I like it much better than the DDF Amplifying Elixir, though honestly, that's no great challenge.
image via Sephora
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser is supposed to "eliminate impurities and excess oil from skin without causing irritation". Much like the Bare Escentuals foaming cleanser I tried, you only need a tiny amount of product for a rich fluffy lather. We're talking, like, half the size of a baby pea. Unlike the BE cleanser, this one does not dry me out, nor break me out, both good hallmarks of a worthy cleanser. I use it in the morning, and it works great applied either with hands or my Clarisonic on the mornings I use the latter. It also works well as a second cleanser at night, though I've not tried it as a makeup remover????. The only problem? It smells exactly like lemon dish soap. I always feel like I should be using it to wash my plates, not my face. If you're not sensitive to scents, though, it's definitely a cleanser worth checking out, because it really does work quite well at gently yet effectively cleansing. Plus, a tube of it will last, say, a year, so you're definitely getting your money's worth.
$21 for 4.4 oz, available from Sephora and Clarins counters

Have you tried Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser? What did you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...