Friday, February 17, 2012

Zoya Pandora Nail Polish (From the Touch Collection) Review and Swatches

Next up for the Zoyas: Pandora, the one neutral in my collection. I figured I should actually try the nude trend out, since it's ever popular, and figured that even if I didn't like it, it was free (ignoring shipping)!
Zoya Pandora

Zoya describes it as "a medium pink-beige nude with blue and mauve undertones and a hint of pearly silver shimmer", which is pretty much spot-on. 


3 coats Pandora
It's almost mannequin-hands on me, but the pinkness saves it from being too matchy-match (so not my thing). It's quite opaque, especially for a light color; with careful application, I could have gotten away with 2 coats, but I did 3. The silver shimmer is really subtle, and once it's on my nails, it basically just looks like a creme. Me and creme polishes do not get along all too great, so I decided to spice it up by layering Finger Paints Flashy over it, which made it more interesting. 
3 coats Pandora with 1 (or 2?) coat(s)
Flashy
It's certainly not a color that makes me giddily happy to look at (see: Zoya Zara, among many others, generally sparkly and duochrome-y), but I'm glad to have it, and it will definitely come in handy (AH the puns! they kill) when I want a subdued, natural look. If you're looking for a nice, reliable neutral and are light-to-medium complected, Zoya's Touch collection is a good place to start.

Overview
$8 for 0.50 oz, available from Zoya

Color: 8
Formula: 9.25
Brush & Bottle: 5 (I love Zoya's brush; it's short and slightly rounded and firm, so it's really easy to get precise application)
Pigmentation & Finish: 4.75
Price/Value: 4
Grade: B+

What do you think of Pandora? Do you like nude polishes?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...