Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Piú Mosso Review and Swatches

RBL is, like Zoya and Nubar and Illamasqua, a niche polish brand that is known for their flawless formula and beautiful colors (and for being "3 free": no DBP, Formaldehyde, or Toluene, and no animal testing!). I have been wanting to try their polishes for a long time, but have been dissuaded by the hefty $18 price tag (plus shipping). Luckily for me, Steph of Imperfectly Painted had a bottle of Piú Mosso for $11 during her polish sale, and I managed to snag it. This was especially fortuitous as the sale started the day I was dumped, and had I not been trying to ease my shattered heart by browsing for makeup, I would never have seen it! It wouldn't have mattered what shade was available, since I just wanted to try the brand, period, but I was thrilled that it was Piú Mosso, as that was on my short list of polishes I wanted to try (along with Locavore, Scrangie, Under the Stars, and Iconoclast, to name a few). So, Steph, thank you for fulfilling one of my polish dreams, and for providing a bright spot in an otherwise terrible day! I shall forever treasure this polish for reminding me that, no matter how bleak life seems, there is still much joy to be found in the little pleasures (which, for me, definitely includes beauty bits and bobs!).
Rescue Beauty Lounge Piú Mosso, angled to show the awesome shimmer
Okay, life story now out of the way, let us turn to the polish. Piú Mosso is a rich inky navy with copper and gold microshimmer.
2 coats Piú Mosso in sunlight––you should definitely enlarge this to see the gorgeous shimmer
Most of the time, it looks like a dark muted blue-black, but once you get it under direct light, particularly sunlight, it glows. It's completely stunning, seriously.
different angle, and again, make it big!

The formula is a complete dream to work with, smooth and neither thick nor thin, so it just glides over the nail and goes exactly where you want it to. It's very opaque; I think you could get away with 1 careful coat, though I did 2 because I am incapable of precise application. It dries pretty quickly, though I of course topped it with a fast-dry topcoat because I am impatient and accident-prone, and there was no chipping for the 2 days I wore it. Once my nails are in better condition (more on that in a future post), I will wear this again to really test for wear.
requisite macro shot, just look at that glow

Bottom line? Based on this polish, Rescue Beauty Lounge fully deserves their stellar reputation. Piú Mosso has an honored place in my collection, and I look forward to the day I can afford to pick up more colors.

Overview
$18 for 0.40 oz, available from Rescue Beauty Lounge (though at the time of posting, it is out of stock)

Color: 9.75 (awesomely glowy under direct light, dark and vampy in indirect light, either way, I likey)
Formula: 10 (perfection, absolute perfection)
Pigmentation and Finish: 5
Brush and Bottle: 4.5 (the brush is awesome, and the bottle is pretty, but it takes up a lot of space in storage, since it's so wide and flat)
Price/Value: 3.5 (it is expensive, and just barely in the realm of normal-sized polish, but it's so richly pigmented that a little goes a long way)
Grade: A


A truly lovely polish, and I am extremely pleased to have it in my collection. Have you tried any Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes? Which are your favorites?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...