Friday, February 3, 2012

Currently Coveting: Aftelier Perfumes

Currently Coveting is a semi-daily feature on products that look interesting, whether new releases, cult classics, or anything in between!
image from Aftelier Perfumes
Reading Lipstick Musing's post on Cepes & Tuberose perfume from Aftelier piqued my interest in the brand (seriously, go read her review: it's magical, and everything that fragrance reviews should be [and that mine fail to be!]), and browsing the website has only resulted in me wanting at least 6 of the perfumes offered. There's a wide range of scents available in small $6 samples, which is about what a Bond No. 9 perfume sample costs on eBay, and I'm just biding my time until the weather warms up and I can justify trying out new perfumes. Of course, Cacao sounds so delightfully, sinfully decadent that it would be marvelous in the colder winter months, so I may have to make an order sooner rather than later. Secret Garden sounds divine, not least because that was my favorite movie for a couple years (I would go through phases and only rent a particular movie; when I was 5, it was the Lion King, and then I moved on to the Secret Garden, of which there are 3 or so film renditions that I rotated through), and Candide appeals to me because of the name ("the best of all possible worlds!"), even though jasmine hasn't been my favorite scent in the past. But seriously, I pretty much want to try them all, and it's going to be an exercise in restraint when I finally order!

Have you tried anything from Aftelier? What did you think? Which scent appeals most to you? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...