Monday, February 20, 2012

Nail Polish Storage

Okay, guys (probably really girls, but I'm from the PacNW, so "guys" = "y'all"), I have had the best night. In short: adorable fiddler asked for my number, flail! I still have to finish my syntax midterm (whoops), but I didn't want to leave y'all (hey, look, I'm multi-dialectal!) with no post today (oh my God, time frames keep shifting) so I thought I would take a brief break and post my newfound polish storage solution. Also, as a warning, in case you haven't figured it out yet: I have had some alcohol tonight and am a bit spastic. So I apologize. Also, you'll be reading this tomorrow, so all this "tonight" crap really means "last night", but I am far too lazy to bother changing that stuff. I hope you can forgive me. If not, maybe my giveaways will entice you back (more on that later this week!).

Anyways. I have way too many nail polishes. It's...worrisome, actually. The most annoying part about it, though, is that until a couple days ago, they were just sitting on a table in my "office" with no organizational schema. It was very disconcerting. I was looking for polish racks, but the cheapest I could find was, like, $30 excluding shipping, and I would have had to wait for it to arrive in the mail (not that I don't love getting mail, but sometimes I want instant gratification). So you can imagine my extreme excitement when I saw these awesome spice shelves at Target. They are perfect for organizing nail polish, since they expand (these pictures show them fully expanded), have rubberized tops (so the polish doesn't migrate, yay!), are wide enough to accomodate two rows of polish bottles, and are handily...stacked? what's the word I'm looking for? Layered? Damnit, those aren't right. Whatever, you probably get what I mean, and if you don't, it probably doesn't matter. Ugh, this is gonna bother me all night. At least, until I let myself get bothered by shit that actually matters, like my midterm.

Organized by color, whoa!

OKAY MY POINT: These are great. I got mine in store for ~$13; I couldn't find them online, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not there. If you want a nice, functional, cheap, visually-appealing way to store your polishes, these are definitely worth considering.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...