Tuesday, December 27, 2011

theBalm TimeBalm Concealer in Lighter than Light Review and Swatches

You may recall a previous mini-review of mine on this same product in Light. I took back the set that came in, and when theBalm's 40% off Black Friday sale rolled around, decided to pick it up in Lighter than Light and see what I thought. So far? I'm liking it quite a lot!
theBalm TimeBalm Concealer in Lighter than Light
I've used it as both an undereye concealer and spot concealer, and it works well in both capacities. As was the case with Light, Lighter than Light is intensely pigmented and quite dry (i.e. not creamy), not something you'd think would work well, but it really does!


Extremely heavy swatch

I just tap my ring finger in the pot, and that gives me enough to cover one eye or a batch of blemishes (because yes, I have batches, ugh); you could also apply with a brush or the included sponge, but I like the maneuverability that my finger gives me. It's extremely lightweight, and it covers really well while still blending out nicely. The Lighter than Light is pretty much spot-on for me, so if you're an NC/NW 15 or lighter (which I can wear, though it's almost too dark), it's probably the best choice for you. It claims to treat wrinkles, but since I've only been using it for a couple of weeks and don't have many wrinkles to speak of, I really can't testify for or against that; my mother, who does have some wrinkles and undereye circles, found it caked strangely and looked very unflattering on her. It doesn't break me out (thank heavens), and since a little goes a long way, I expect it will last me many moons. It might not be quite creamy enough for people with dry skin, so if that's you, I would recommend trying it before buying (or buying from Sephora, which accepts returns with receipt). It's certainly not cheap (for my budget), but it works really well for me, and I appreciate that it's light enough to match my ghostly complexion! The one problem I have with it is that it tends to come off/migrate when I set it with powder (which I always do), and I often find myself needing to put Meow concealer on top (since layering cream products over powder doesn't tend to work out well).

Overview
$18.00 for 0.25 oz, available from theBalm and Sephora

Quality: 8.5
Effectiveness: 4
Ease of Use: 4.5
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 5
Duration: 4
Consistency: 4.5
Price: 2.5
Value: 4.5
Grade: B


I really like this and think it's a great choice for those who don't have substantial wrinkles and/or are looking for a spot concealer. It is really pigmented, though, so have care when choosing your shade!

Have you tried theBalm's TimeBalm concealer? What did you think of it? What's your favorite concealer?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...