Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Summary

Hello, lovelies!  I hope you've all had a nice weekend :-)  I start grad school tomorrow, so I've spent the weekend quietly freaking out about that and immersing myself in beauty blogginess to keep my mind off of it!

Here are some of the posts I found interesting this past week:
Beautiful with Brains details how to conceal dark circles, a problem I don't yet have but someday may! 
Makeup and Beauty Blog reveals the target audience for Chanel Ombres Tissées Iridescent Effects Eyes in Beiges: sparkly princesses
The Beauty Look Book does a comparison of her favorite eyelash curlers, from which I learned that you're apparently supposed to change curlers every 9 months (and lash pads every 3!), which I've definitely not been doing...
I reviewed NYX eyeshadow in Iced Mocha, because you can never have too many taupes
In a completely non-beauty related post (and blog), the Books of Adam tells of the time he got out of jury duty thanks to having been arrested for breaking into a school to go swimming...you will laugh until you cry.

What was your first high-end/department store makeup purchase?
I think it must have been MAC lipstick in Hug Me in high school; I wanted something neutral and flattering, but it was unfortunately too neutral for me, and I was too shy to ask for more options.  Things like that remind me that, no matter how awkward I may feel now, I've gotten much better!

What products do you turn to when you're lazy, but still want to look nice?
For base: BB cream and Top Cat finishing powder, with concealer if needed
For eyes: Iced Mocha on the lid, Insane Jane in the crease, curled eyelashes
For cheeks: Any of my theBalm blushes; I've been navigating towards Frat Boy lately, because it's nearly-matte but warm and summery (plus, it's the largest, so I feel I should use it the most often!)
For lips: Clinique Super Strawberry (review to come!) and Jack Black lip balm

Do you wear makeup around the house?
Yep, I wear makeup 99% of the time.  I don't wear it when I'm sick, because then I just can't be bothered to, but the morning shower/getting dressed/putting on makeup routine is my way of preparing myself for the day ahead, regardless of whether that day will be spent around others or not!  Plus, makeup is fun :-)

Currently coveting: Well, still Bond No. 9 perfumes––most of them are available in mini bon bons (0.05 oz) on eBay, and I've been researching to try and figure out which ones I should try first...Let's just say: I have a spreadsheet (also: I'm OCD).  I've also been stalking Sephora's new products, many of which are holiday collections, and have a bunch I want to get during their F&F event (though I'll have to narrow it down considerably before then!).
Tarte Lip Service Limited Edition LipSurgence Collection and Benefit Project Flawless, images from respective companies
Tarte's collection of 5 full size lip tints/glazes ($29 for 0.50 oz total) and Benefit Project Flawless ($32 for 4 products) in particular have caught my eye for being fantastic deals on products I've been wanting to try (I think 4 out of the 5 Tartes would work well for me, and while I could do without the highlighter in the Benefit package, I need that blush, and the gloss and mascara look lovely too!).

Now it's your turn!  Fill out the survey in the comments if you want, or just tell me what's on your mind!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...