Saturday, September 10, 2011

Skincare Saturday: Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser

Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser is one of the most popular cleansers, ever.  I'd never really had any desire to try it, in large part because it's so expensive, but going on a 10-day trip to DC gave me an excuse to buy one of the little 3 oz. travel sizes.  I tried it out the week before I left to make sure it wouldn't break me out or irritate me, and can happily report that it did not!
purity made simple
It's an opaque viscous liquid that's very mildly foamy, and I only need a tiny bit to cleanse my whole face.
purity made simple, not the male bodily fluid it resembles

I actually find that I need more when I use it with my Clarisonic than on its own, but it still doesn't take very much.  It does give a bit of the squeaky-clean feeling, but it doesn't dry my skin out; however, if you have drier skin, you may need to augment it with moisturizer.  It's also decent at removing makeup, though heavy eye makeup tends to need a separate cleanser.  The fact that it doesn't irritate my skin, and that I only need a little bit, and that it removes makeup means that I may very well spring for the huge 24 oz size during Sephora's F&F event, though that would mean devoting myself to one cleanser for a very long time...and we all know how well that's worked!

$10 for 3 oz, $20 for 8 oz, $32 for 16 oz, $40 for 24 oz, available from Sephora, Philosophy (where there's also a 32 oz bottle for $47.50), and Amazon

Have you used Purity?  What did you think of it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...