Friday, September 2, 2011

DKNY Be Delicious and Kenzo FlowerbyKenzo Mini Reviews

I figured I would start with two of the more popular perfumes in my collection (two arms = two sniffing platforms), DKNY Be Delicious and Flower by Kenzo.

DKNY Be Delicious
Be Delicious
image from Sephora
This is one of those fragrances that is a popular entry fragrance, because it's not too complicated and it smells nice.  I definitely wouldn't buy a full bottle of it, just because it's not complex enough to keep me interested, but I have enjoyed using the sample vial I have of it.  It smells like apples, but with a wonderful warmth and floralness.  These definitely aren't normal apples.  As an edt, it's not terribly strong and only lasts a few hours before it needs to be reapplied, but it's a great running-errands type smell: simple and non-fussy and makes you smile when you smell it.  It's classified by Osmoz as a floral chypre and by Sephora as a fresh citrus; I don't really have a strong preference in either direction.  Here's the fragrance pyramid for your reference.
$42 for 1 oz, $60 for 1.7 oz, $75 for 3.4 oz, available from Sephora, department stores, and Amazon (the latter is cheaper)
Kenzo FlowerbyKenzo
FlowerbyKenzo
image from Sephora
This is a perfume I'd read a lot about when I first got into fragrance a few years ago.  It's classified as a floral oriental, and I'd had high hopes for it from the reviews I'd read.  I got a sample vial of it with a Sephora order a while back, but wasn't impressed.  I sprayed it on myself for this blog post, though, and guess what?  Still not impressed.  Actively revolted, actually.  On me, it smells like baby powder.  Very strong baby powder.  I've been wearing it for a couple of hours now, and the smell has not improved from first spritz.  Maybe after wearing it for a few hours the powderiness would have dissipated enough to make it bearable, but there is just no reason I would ever do that.  The fact that it's an eau de parfum doesn't help, since it means it will just last and last and last...This is a definite fail for me, but please don't be offended if it's your HG fragrance!  I don't tend to like powdery fragrances too much, but if you do, FlowerbyKenzo might be one to try; here's the fragrance pyramid.
$25 for 0.34 oz, $57 for 1 oz, $73 for 1.7 oz, $94 for 3.4 oz, available from Sephora and Amazon (the latter is cheaper)

Have you tried Be Delicious or FlowerbyKenzo?  What did you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...