Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Summary

I've decided to augment Survey Sunday with a roundup of posts that I found particularly enjoyable/informative over the past week, and a list of the products that I'm currently coveting (bundling it all under the "Sunday Summary" label).  That way there's hopefully a little something for everyone, and I can learn what you're loving now, too!


Blog posts of note
Beautiful with Brains investigated whether powders with SPF offer adequate protection
Ebrushka's Makeup Bag swatches and reviews her favorite MAC neutral eyeshadows (now I want them!)
Makeup and Beauty Blog finds lots to love in the fall collection polishes from Sonia Kashuk
Pink Sith reviews the new Bliss Fabulips Treatment Kit––it's apparently less gimmicky than I thought (though I'm still not sold!)
Scrangie introduces us to LCN Magnetic Power Magnet Nail Polish, a concept I'd never even heard of, but now desperately want to try
Temptalia confirms what we all feared, that the new MAC Art of Powder Street Art Eyeshadow Palette is prettier to look at than it is to use
The Beauty Look Book shows us the new Rococo Nail Apparel Nude Wardrobe Collection, and her swatches make me almost believe I want to try nude polish
Vampy Varnish has swatches and reviews of much of MAC's new Posh Paradise collection, and I gotta say, I'm liking the paint pots!

And, if you haven't checked it out already, this week's Tip Tuesday was part 2 of DIY beauty solutions, full of ideas for how to use natural products you have around the house for hair and skincare!  I spent a lot of time researching for it, but I know there's other tricks out there that I didn't include, and I would love your input!
What animal would you most like as a pet?
A bunny, definitely.  Bunnies are my favorite, because they're so cute and fluffy and they wiggle their noses and twitch their paws and nibble at food and hop.  I went to a house party at a former collegemate, and she has a pet bunny named Baby Peanut.  He was so cute, but he'd been meeting lots of people all night so he was a little shy and scared.  I told him I understood how he felt!  Needless to say, that encounter has not abated my desire for a bunny of my own.

What's your favorite weather?
I like it when it's high 60s to low 70s and sunny with a very light breeze.  That way I can wear pretty much anything in my wardrobe (with layering as necessary), but won't be too hot or cold.

What did you last have to eat?
Yes, I realize I've done a similar question before, but I'm always interested in hearing what people feed themselves!  I last ate the Angie's Birthday special from The Passenger, a cafe in DC.  It was bacon pancakes (just as awesome as they sound) with an over-hard egg and maple syrup.  So nommy!

Currently coveting: Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Ave. perfume.  One of the friends I visited in New York had this perfume, and I wore it back to DC and was amazed at how long it lasted and how wonderful it smelled––very spicy and warm, but still approachable.  Now I want to try other scents from the brand, but they're only available at Saks, and they're so expensive!  I'm going to purchase some sample "bon bons" (little perfume vials) once I get my paycheck.

What about you?  Copy and paste the survey in the comments; I'd love to hear what you're thinking!
What animal would you most like as a pet?
What's your favorite weather?
What did you last have to eat?
Currently coveting:


Hope your weekend has been nice and relaxing!  I'm flying back home tomorrow, which is always a blast, but at least I have a book (I'm currently reading Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov, which is really very enjoyable, though frequently very weird).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...