Monday, September 5, 2011

L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo Review

I dye my hair every couple of months, because I have some grey clusters on my head that I'm not ready to succumb to (I'm only 22!  I don't want to have a big skunk streak in my hair!).  While I use a conditioner aimed at curly hair most of the time (when I'm not using my Aussie), I try to use shampoo designed for dyed hair in an effort to prevent fading.  The one I've been using for the past few months is L'Oreal's EverPure Moisture shampoo, which is sulfate-free.  I don't put much stock in the sulfate and paraben avoidance craze, because there hasn't been any research that shows a definitive link between them and cancer––the most anyone has said is that they may contribute to cancer, but that can be said about many things (microwaves, cell phones, sunlight, puppies, chocolate...okay, I may have made some of those up, but you know what I mean).  I have re-bought this shampoo, but I think I'll try branching out when I run out, because it has some issues.
L'Oreal Paris EverPure Moisture Shampoo, 8.5-Fluid Ounce
image from L'Oreal
I like how it smells (Rosemary Juniper is the scent, though I mostly get the former) and that the smell doesn't linger too much after showering.  It gives a nice lather, though with my longish, body-full hair, I have to use a pretty big dollop.  What I don't like is how much it tangles my hair, and how, in the process of washing it out, a lot of hair is pulled out (something my brother, with whom I share a shower, finds disgusting).  I do think it helps sustain the wear and color of my dye, but I'm hoping there's something else out there that does the same without making my hair quite so knotty.  The fact that it's $6 a tube is also hard for me, since it's only 8.5 oz and doesn't last much more than 6 weeks, if that long.

$6 for 8.5 oz, available at drugstores and Amazon

Have you used any of the Ever(Pure, Sleek, Strong) line from L'Oreal?  What do you think of sulfates and parabens in haircare?  Also, if you have any suggestions for good, cheap shampoos for dyed hair, I'd love to hear them!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...