Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sinful Colors Nail Polish in I Miss You Review and Swatches

I Miss You is, perhaps, my favorite out of all the Sinfuls I've tried.  Or at least, my favorite at the moment (keeping track of my whims is somewhat difficult).  The formula sucks, in a way similar to All About You––very watery, though it's not as sheer as AAY, and the glitter is more varied.  The thing that appeals to me most about this, though, is the holographic shimmers.  They're mesmerizing, especially in sunlight, and my photos do not do them justice.
Sinful Colors in I Miss You

I Miss You, out of focus to show holographic shimmers
It catches the light so magically.  When it's not in sunlight, the glitter is primarily silver (larger pieces) and purple (smaller shimmers), but it flashes rainbow in the sunlight.  It's so gorgeous and it makes me so happy.  Though I must say, the formula really is crap; I've found the best way to apply is by sweeping a pretty thick amount onto the nail, letting it glide over so the shimmer doesn't clump at the base.  Wait a few minutes between coats, and finish off with a quick-dry top coat (cuts down drying time by, like, an hour, it's fantastic; I use Sally Hansen's Dries Instantly, ~$5).


1 coat I Miss You over Scotch tape in indirect sunlight

2 coats

1 coat I Miss You over 2 coats Wet N Wild Black Creme on Scotch tape in indirect sunlight

3 coats I Miss You in sunlight

3 coats; you can see how the glitter pools at the base of the nail

Same swatch

One last, out of focus to show holo glitters––awesome

For those days when you just want to have happy sparklies on your fingertips, I Miss You is a great choice.  I love it, even though the grade doesn't really reflect that.

Overview
$1.99 for 0.50 oz, available at drugstores

Quality: 7
Effectiveness: 4
Ease of Use: 2.5
Senses: 4 (still a little bumpy after top coat)
Pigmentation: 4.5
Duration: 3 (chipped within 2 days on one finger, lasted 4 on others)
Consistency: 2.5 (manages to be both thick and watery)
Price: 4.5
Value: 5
Grade: C-


What do you think of I Miss You?  Do you like holo glitters?  Do you have any favorites?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...