Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Meow Cosmetics Top Cat Luxury Finishing/Setting Powder Review

There are so many good things about Top Cat finishing powder that I'm having trouble picking just one to serve as a hook for this review.  It's weightless, it controls oil, it provides a natural matte-ish finish, I only need a tiny bit to cover my face, it lasts all day, it's invisible...so much awesome!
The combination of all those things is truly the best thing of all.  The sample baggie, $1, lasted me a month.  It prolongs the wear of my makeup by 2-3 hours, and using it on top of Meow foundation and Mattify!, my foundation lasts all day (unless it's really super hot or humid).  You can order up to two samples, and if you get one of their little 5 g jars with a sifter, you've got enough product to last a couple of months for less than $3.  Of course, it's not that great if the product isn't good, too, but I cannot think of any way that Top Cat could be improved.  Absolute love.  HG finishing powder, definitely.  Note: I'm not including swatch photos, because it is actually invisible, but if you'd like to see them anyways, let me know!

Overview
$1 for sample baggie, $16.25 for 4 g, available from Meow Cosmetics

Pros: Everything (and I'm not even being hyperbolic)
Cons: Have to order online

Price: 9 ($1 for a sample is awesome, since a sample lasts ~1 month, but $16.25 for the full size is steep)
Value: 10 (I can only imagine how much comes in a full size, but it must be good for at least a year, which is really impressive)
Quality: 10
Ease of Use: 4.5 (loose powder: always a little challenging, but I have never had any problems with fallout or messiness with this)
Pigmentation: 5 (completely invisible, just as it should be!)
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5 (unbelievably smooth and fine)
Grade: A+


What's your favorite finishing powder?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...