Saturday, September 17, 2011

Essence Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss in Kiss Kiss Kiss Review and Swatches

Essence has almost made a lipgloss girl out of me.  After seeing more swatches of their Stay With Me longlasting gloss (for review and swatches of Berry Me and Candy Bar, see here), I added one more to my collection: sheer red Kiss Kiss Kiss.

It looks intimidatingly red in the tube, but goes on a translucent red-pink (though your natural lip color and skin undertones may alter that).
arm swatch in sunlight

Lip swatch in sunlight

Lip swatch in shade
Like the others, Kiss Kiss Kiss (can't really abbreviate this one, sadly) is smooth, creamy, non-sticky, and relatively long-lasting.  It survived eating cucumbers, drinking water, and my lip smooshing for a good 2 hours, though the glossiness had faded somewhat by then.  It makes for a very wearable brighter lip, because it brightens my face without dominating it, and the color is very natural (in the "if I bit my lips enough times, they might look like this" kind of way) and flattering––though it does make my teeth look yellower, according to my mother, probably due to the warmer tones.  It's pretty easy to apply, too; a mirror's not really necessary, though I'm paranoid about my lip product placement, so I always check.

Overview
$2.29 for 0.13 oz, available at Ulta, Fred Meyer, HEB, and drugstores in Germany

Quality: 9.5
Effectiveness: 4.75 (this is probably the longest-lasting out of the shades I've tried)
Ease of Use: 4.5
Senses: 5 (smells faintly sweet, doesn't taste like anything, and feels so soft and silky on––no tackiness!)
Pigmentation: 4.5
Duration: 4.5
Consistency: 5
Price: 4.5
Grade: A


What do you think of Kiss Kiss Kiss?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...