Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Jordana Easyshine Gloss Balm in Watermelon Juice Review and Swatches

I recently made my way up to Kmart again, and while there picked up one of the Easyshines I didn't already have: Watermelon Juice, a sheer bright pink.  There were several other shades that I could have gotten, but they all had glitter, and after my experience with Berry Colada taught me to steer away from the glittery shades, and the only other colors I would have wanted were out of stock.  For my review of the other Easyshines, see here.
Watermelon Juice

It's a cream finish, like Sweet Strawberry and Sugar Plum, but much sheerer than those.  It smells and tastes like artificial watermelon, which has always been my favorite Jolly Rancher flavor, so I love it.  It takes several layers to get any kind of color payoff, but it does have really nice glossiness and makes my lips look juicy (oh hello, pun).  It doesn't last very long on, about an hour, but if you want a tasty, glossy hint of color and don't care about needing to reapply, Watermelon Juice could be just the ticket.
one swipe on arm in sunshine

three swipes on arm in sunshine

5+ swipes on lips in sunshine

Same swatch, in shade

Overview
$1.99 for 0.07 oz, available from Kmart, Cherry Culture, and Jordana

Quality: 8.5
Effectiveness: 4.75 (this one actually lives up to its claims of glossiness)
Ease of Use: 5 (it's sheer enough to be able to apply without a mirror, no problem)
Senses: 5 (smells and tastes like watermelon!  Doesn't dry my lips out!  Whoo!)
Pigmentation: 3.75
Duration: 3
Consistency: 5
Price: 5
Value: 4.25
Packaging: -0.5 (the tip of the product extends over the edge of the packaging, which means it's incredibly difficult to get the lid back on without damaging the product)
Grade: B+


What do you think of Watermelon Juice?  Which Easyshine do you like best?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...