Saturday, July 23, 2011

Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30 Review

Rounding out the Sephora Sun Safety kit moisturizer review collection, whee!  I've been putting this one off because I really didn't like it when I used it at school a couple months ago and didn't want to risk my face breaking out from using it again, but in the interest of complete disclosure for you, dear readers, I attempted it once again.
Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30
Image from Sephora.com
The Murad is the largest sample provided in the Sun Safety kit, at 0.7 oz.  Full size for this is 1.7 oz for $60 (!!!!?!), so the sample is worth $24.71.  And that's the other reason I wanted to try this again––I didn't want to waste that much value!  Unfortunately, it looks like I have to do just that.  The moisturizer is really thick, and doesn't absorb, like, ever.  It feels like thick sunscreen on my face, which is exactly what I don't want.  It leaves a shiny sheen on my face, and encourages my oiliness.  This most recent time I didn't break out from using it, but when I was at school in the humidity I did, so it's something to be aware of.  The only good thing about it is the SPF 30, but I can get the same from the Peter Thomas Roth without all the drawbacks.

So, anyone want a lightly-used tube of Murad moisturizer?  I know my review has really piqued your interest...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...