Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Olay Foaming Face Wash Sensitive Skin Review

Having now reviewed the cleansers I currently use, I thought it might be worthwhile to review at least one that I'm no longer using.  I'd read great things about the Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin on MUA and decided to give it a try.  The fact that I'm no longer using it should suggest some potential issues...
Gently cleanse and refresh sensitive skin with a formula that’s 100% soap-free, oil-free, and fragrance-free.
Image from olay.com
Namely, that it broke me out.  Grrrr.  I don't know what ingredient in it didn't agree with my face, but something sure didn't.  I also felt like it left a bit of a film on my face, which may have contributed to my skin's reaction, but is certainly no excuse for it.  It did foam up very nicely, and a little goes a long way, but it's definitely not right for me.  However, many other people have used it and love it, so if you're in the market for a basic foaming cleanser designed for sensitive skin (that does still have sulfates, though), this is a pretty cost-effective option at $5 for 7 oz.

Overview
Pros: Cheap, readily available (every drugstore/Target/Walmart ever), foams nicely
Cons: Broke me out, left a strange film after rinsing
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...