Tuesday, July 26, 2011

mark. Shine Fighter Oil-Control Mask Review

Okay, one note before I start the review: the brand of this mask is a subsidiary of Avon, and is alternately spelled "mark.", "mark", and "Mark".  I have used every one of those in my reviews so far (in the title of this post, and in my post on their gel cleanser), but I really have no idea which one is "right".  So I'll probably use them erratically interchangeably, but I'm always talking about the same thing!

Clay masks dry out the gunk in pores, tighten skin, and reduce oil production.  Or so they tell me!
I've had the Mark Shine Fighter mask since last fall, and have used it off-and-on since then.  It's a green clay mask, with a nicely spreadable consistency, and a delightful fresh, clean scent (seriously, love the scent!).  I spread it on my dry, clean face, avoiding my eyes, and leave it until it dries (5 to 10 minutes).  As it dries, it becomes tight, and if I've put a thin layer on (as I often do around my mouth) it tends to crack a bit.  It washes off easily enough with warm water, and leaves my skin feeling nice and clean but not tight.  It does cut down on my oiliness a little for the day or two after I use it, but I haven't noticed a huge decrease in blackheads.  If you're looking for a nice, mild way of trying out clay masks, this is a good choice.  When I run out of it, I'd like to try Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask, since it's a classic, and is a cheap drugstore option for a green clay mask.

Overview
$9 for 3.4 oz, available from mark


Pros: Great smell, cuts down on oil, doesn't dehydrate
Cons: Doesn't help with blackheads (for me, at least!), have to order online, a bit expensive

Have you used a clay mask?  How did it work for you?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...