Friday, July 1, 2011

Meow Cosmetics Blush in Risque (from the Taboo Collection) Review and Swatches

This is the second blush from Meow's Taboo collection that I ordered.  I was feeling very summery, so went with hot pinks and corals, and Risque is a great example of the former (for the latter, see my review of Racy).

So gorgeous!
Deemed by Meow a "striking neutral-toned berry", Risque is pigmented, bright, and beautiful.  I'm never entirely sure what "berry" is supposed to mean, but in this case, I would describe it as the product of 3 strawberries and 1 raspberry--it seems like a dark bright pink red, if that makes any sense.
Second from the right
On me, it gives a lovely red flush.  

The color in the top photo is more accurate, but the level of sheen in the bottom is better (once blended, the blush glows, not glitters)
It's more pigmented than Racy, so I have to be more careful about not putting on too much--I just need a few particles of color for it to suffice.  This is a shade that I think would work well on many skin tones, since it's not overly warm or cool, and the pigmentation means it would be great on darker skin.  For pale folk like myself, it just requires a little care to not overdo it, but unlike Alima's Geranium, it's not so dark that it looks blotchy (a more forgiving shade, if you will).  For a just-in-from-the-cold (or just-in-from-the-picking-strawberries!) flush, this is a great choice.  Like Racy, it lasts all day with minimal fading, and the sparkle just gives a mild sheen, nothing over-the-top.

Overview
Price: 8 (see my review of Racy for rationale)
Value: 9.5 (ditto)
Quality: 10
Ease of Use: 4 (it is very pigmented, which is risky for me, but certainly not unmanageable, and if I were darker [or could tan, or something] this would be a 5)
Pigmentation: 5
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Grade: A
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...