Tuesday, July 19, 2011

mark That's Deep Purifying Gel Cleanser Review

A friend asked me what I used as my cleanser(s), and I told her what I'm using now (oil cleanserhoney, and sea salt), but I realized I'd never done a review for my boring morning cleanser that I use with my Clarisonic (which I also haven't reviewed, but it's on my list!).  It's made by mark, a subsidiary of Avon, and I got it last fall with mark Shine Fighter Oil-Control mask and mark Save the Day Anti-Acne Concealer Stick (okay, seriously, I have so much shit to review).
mark That's Deep Purifying Gel Cleanser; Photo from shop.meetmark.com
This cleanser has definitely served me well.  It's 6.7 oz for $8, and lasts forever because you don't need very much.  It's a pale green gel that has very mild lather when mixed with water and applied to face; it smells like not much of anything, and gives a nice tingle.  It hasn't stripped my skin or made me break out (the two absolute musts of any cleanser!), and it works well in the morning, though it's not nearly powerful enough to use as a makeup remover.  I'm almost out of it now, and don't know if I'll repurchase; on the one hand, it's been working for me fine, but on the other, it's a little more than I want to pay (hi, my name is Amy and I indulge in cognitive dissonance) and the second ingredient is a sulfate, which have been known to dry out skin and make people sneeze.  (Funny story: I went wine tasting with the boyfriend and the mother when the former was visiting, and the sulfates in one of the red wines at the last winery we went to were so strong that the boyfriend could not stop violently sneezing.  He had to excuse himself to the bathroom, and we could still hear him, much to our amusement and his embarrassment!)  My hope is to find a cheap, cheap, cheap cleanser without sulfates, but that may be a pipe dream.  I'll keep you posted, though!

What are your cleansers of choice?  What kind of cleanser do you prefer?  Do you like tingly products or not?  What's your favorite kind of cake?  (I threw that last one in just for kicks.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...