Monday, July 11, 2011

Wet N Wild Fast Dry Nail Color in Silvivor Review and Swatches

So, I know I said I don't do nail polish, but...I lied.  After ogling nail polish swatches on other blogs, I got a few Wet N Wilds to try out (awesome, because they are $1-$2 apiece!).  First up: Silvivor.
Wet N Wild Fast Dry in Silvivor
This is a gorgeous silver foil.  It was forgiving enough for me to feel okay wearing it on my fingers (usually, I only paint my toes, because I hate looking at imperfections), and it lasted 5 days with minor tip wear and no chipping with Hard as Nails base and top coats.
Wet N Wild Silvivor

For someone more competent at nail polish application than me, 2 coats might be enough, but I had to do 3 on a few fingers to even out the coverage (note that this polish is best worn on short nails, to avoid VNL).  The only drawback comes with removal: glitter all over.  For 5 days of gorgeous, sparkly fingers, though, it's a small price to pay.

Overview
Pros: Glittery!, long-lasting (for a cheap drugstore option, definitely), cheap
Cons: Glitterbomb

Quality: 8.5
Effectiveness: 4.5 (not as fast drying as it could be)
Ease of Use: 5
Senses: 5 (top coat gets rid of any bumpiness from the sparkle)
Pigmentation: 4.5
Duration: 4.5
Consistency: 4
Price: 4.5
Value: 5
Grade: A-


What do you think of Silvivor?  What's your favorite silver foil polish?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...