Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cucumber Toner

I recently decided to try adding shredded cucumber to my go-to sea salt toner, since cucumber is recommended for oily skin.  Now, I love eating cucumber.  It is the vegetable I crave most often.  The crunch!  The juice!  So refreshing.
My face, however, is not a fan.  I grated about 1/4 cup of cucumber (with the rind still on) and put it in with sea salt and water and let it steep for a day.  I used it that night (right after adding the cucumber), the next morning, and the following evening (after straining out the cucumber).  In that very short period of time, my skin freaked the fuck out.  Thanks, cucumber.  Here I was hoping you would be a valued member of my oil-control army, but instead you reveal yourself as a traitor and join the pro-acne faction.  UNCOOL.  So, I've reverted to just sea salt (not even green tea with this--stick with what I know always works!) until my skin calms down again.  What a shame.  On the upside, it means I get to eat all the cucumber instead of having to save any for my face...

What about you?  Have you tried cucumber as a toner or mask?  What's your favorite munching veggie?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...