Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sonia Kashuk Nail Colour in Blank Slate Review and Swatches

A few weeks ago, Target had a mobile coupon for $2 off any Sonia Kashuk cosmetics purchase, so I decided to pick up one of her nail polishes, Blank Slate, a dark blue-grey creme, normally $4.99.
Blank Slate
I don't usually go for cremes, because they're, well, boring, but I didn't have anything in my collection similar in color to Blank Slate, and I figured I should have some more work-appropriate shades.  I don't really like wearing blue on my fingernails, but this polish is muted and grey enough for it to not bother me.
Picture taken with my phone in really warm light, hence the coziness and weird light reflection

The formula is great, very smooth, and it flows across the nail with the greatest of ease and is completely opaque in 2 coats.  It's also great for layering; I wore it under Spot Light and it was dark enough to show contrast without being as harsh as black.  I can't speak to how long it wears, since I got bored (surprise!) and removed it, but I will eventually get around to wearing it a week or until it chips, whichever comes first, and update this post accordingly.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase, and will look to Sonia Kashuk's polish line in the future when I need something demure (and have a coupon!).

Overview
$4.99 for 0.50 oz, available from Target

Quality: 9
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 5
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 5
Duration: N/A (will update when I've worn it long enough to be able to say)
Consistency: 5
Price: 4
Value: 5
Grade: A (out of 45 rather than 50)

If you're looking for nice, non-assuming, versatile nail polish, Sonia Kashuk has got you covered.  Have you tried any SK polishes?  What do you think of Blank Slate?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...