Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you're all getting to enjoy some quality time with your family, friends, and awkward relatives (maybe that's just me?), and are able to eat too much delicious Thanksgiving food!

Here are some things I am thankful for in my life:
––Obviously, my family and friends, without whom my life would be bleak and dark. I love you all so much!
––Grad school, because even though it's a lot of work, it's still less than I had at Swat (thanks, undergrad, for making all my future academic pursuits seem laid-back), and it's all linguistics and therefore awesome. I love that I get to spend my time learning about what I want to learn about, and feel so blessed to have such amazing, intelligent, creative colleagues and co-students.
––Having a job! This is thanks to grad school, too. I love having a steady source of income (as small as it may be), and truly enjoy getting to teach and learn from my students. Though all the grading I have this weekend is a bit of a drag!
––Rain jackets, because they're super convenient and keep me dry.
––Modern medicine, which has made everything else in my life possible.
––Good food, for being the one thing guaranteed to always make me feel better, whether it's homemade pie, or Café Yumm!, or a piece of really good cheese.

And here are some things I'm grateful for in my beauty life!:
––My Meow foundation and concealer, for letting me not feel self-conscious about my skin, and for being light enough to match perfectly!
––Blush, for making me look like I'm neither ghostly nor sickly, and because it's just so pretty.
––Tarte LipSurgence pencils and Jordana EasyShines, for being easier than falling off a log to apply, and keeping my lips happy and pretty.
––Body butters, because they smell delicious and keep my hands soft.
––Sally Hansen Hard as Nails clear base coat, which is a miracle worker for my nails, keeping them from peeling, breaking, and splitting.
––Fast-dry top coat, for mitigating the effect my clumsiness and impatience has on my nails!
––Perfume and deodorant, for helping me smell good (the former) and keeping me from smelling bad (the latter). There are few things that give me more immediate happiness than a great perfume!
––And Philosophy Purity facial cleanser, for removing my makeup gently and not breaking me out.

There are so many other things I could write about (Turkish grammar books, for giving me ideas for how to structure my experiment! Bunnies, for always being so adorable and making me giggle like a maniac. Babies, for pretty much the same reason, with the added bonus of making faces. Leather boots, for keeping my feet warm and dry. My wonderful boyfriend, for putting up with my neuroses and quirks.), but I don't want to completely inundate you, so let me just finish with this:

I am so thankful for all of you who read and comment, and feel so lucky to have anyone reading my posts. I passed 10,000 page views yesterday, which, while it isn't very impressive compared to other beauty blogs, I'm still really pleased about, and it obviously couldn't have happened without you! So thank you. Have some pie to celebrate!

What are you thankful for this year?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...