Monday, November 21, 2011

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Butter Review and Pictures

Thanks to living in the Pacific Northwest, I don't have to worry about the flaky dryness that comes from snow and dry-as-bone air (oh, the Northeast, how I don't miss you).  My hands, however, do still have a tendency to get dry and tight, as I tend to favor overwashing them in hot water (because who wants to wash their hands with cold water? No, seriously, why would you ever do that, especially in the winter?), so rather than change my habits (see previous parenthetical rambling), I choose to apply lotion.  I do, however, like to make it as exciting as possible by trying to find yummy smelling lotions, and have found that mini containers of body butter make for an excellent indulgence.  My Nivea Soft gets the job done, but sometimes I just want to be able to creepily sniff at my hands and smile to myself.  One product I recently added to my collection helps me do just that, so thank you, Soap & Glory, for enabling my sniffoholicity (=sniff + [alc]oholic + ity, yay morphemes!).

I ordered a 1.7 oz mini jar of this when I placed my second F&F order, because I wanted to have something to look forward to besides boring staples (Purity and Jack Black, to be precise), and I'd heard good things about this.  I was sorely tempted by the Pacifica scents, but I wanted to try something new, and while the Body Shop body butters are well-loved, I knew I could get a big jar of some at TJ Maxx for $6, so opted to try this instead.  Anyways!


This is a pretty light and fluffy body butter, so it spreads really easily.  I used it on my legs (well, calves, fine) one day post-shaving, and I only needed a little bit for full moisture.  When I wear it on my hands, just a wee dab suffices for both moisture and scent.  And the scent, oh the scent!  Described by Sephora: "Soap & Glory's signature Pink Fragrance combines fresh bergamot and mandarin, rose, jasmine, peach, strawberry, oakmoss, amber, woody notes and amber and warm vanilla notes on the bottom."  We all know how terrible I am at describing fragrance, but I will say I smell pretty much all of that.  It's divine.  It's a scent that I think works equally well in summer as winter, and it's just happy and pretty, yet still somewhat sexy.  I made my mother smell it (which she's used to, though usually when I force her to smell something, it's because it's terrible...I don't know why she keeps doing it), and she thought it was awesome, too.  The scent lasts several hours, though if you wash your hands, it will obviously wear off faster than that (the only way I know it does last for that long is from when I wore it on my legs and awkwardly contorted myself to sniff my calves...the things I do for beauty!).


They claim it has some sort of super-moisturizer-complex for the driest of dry skins, but I find it to be only moderately moisturizing.  It's great for me, don't get me wrong––it absorbs quickly and leaves me feeling soft and smooth––but for someone with really dry, cracked skin, it might not be quite enough.  They make a hand cream with the same scent, but I figured I should get the body butter in order to better compare it to other butters in my collection (that makes me sound like I have so many, when really it's, like, 4, and 2 of those are almost gone...).  I'm definitely tempted to get a little thing of the hand cream for my mother for Christmas!
$5 for 1.7 oz, $18 for 10.1 oz, available at Sephora
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...