Friday, November 25, 2011

Cherry Culture NYX Haul (plus pictures of adorable animals)

Happy Black Friday! I hope you all were able to take advantage of some of the awesome sales going on in the beautysphere this weekend (check my Twitter feed for specifics!); I placed an order with theBalm for timeBalm concealer and Cabana Boy blush at 40% off plus free shipping, and am very tempted to get a few things from Inglot during their 15% off plus free shipping sale, but have so far managed to abstain, since I have too many eyeshadows already!

I went to the mall today, not to shop (that would be suicidal), but to get color-matched in various foundations at the department store, which happily ended with me carting off 3 sample portions of MAC Matchmaster, Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear (each in the lightest shade, surprise surprise). You can look forward to reviews on those in the next few weeks.

I also finally received my Cherry Culture order today, 2 weeks after I ordered it. Painfully long turnaround time, but I'm super pleased to have it now! I was also very pleased to see that they wrapped my nail polishes in 3 layers of bubble wrap, and they all arrived in perfect condition.

I got a Black Label Lipstick in Socialite, Advanced Salon Formula nail polishes in Maroon and Gold Glitter (super creative names, guys; leftmost and rightmost polish, respectively), Girls nail polish in Carnival (middle polish), and Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone. I'll have reviews and swatches of everything up as I get around to testing them! I'm thinking Gold Glitter over Maroon would be perfect for a holiday manicure...

And, lastly, here are the promised adorable animals, taken at a locally-owned pet store:
baby kitties!

cuddling bunnies! I am so excited for my future pet bunny.

Have you had any fun hauls recently? Any sales you're particularly excited for? Any that you've had to restrain yourself from participating in? Would you rather have one of those kitties or one of the bunnies?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...