Monday, November 28, 2011

Revlon Nail Enamel in 675 All Fired Up Review and Swatches

I've been buying a lot of nail polish lately, because a) it's cheap, b) it's cute, and c) there are so many colors to procure!  Even though I'm absolutely terrible at painting my nails, I still enjoy the ritual, and besides, it's so fun to have pretty colors waving at you on your fingers!  I was having a serious lemming for a red nail polish, so when I was at Target I picked up one by Revlon (for $3.99, because I was too impatient to wait for a sale).  It's called All Fired Up, and it is seriously red.
Revlon All Fired Up
AFU is a bright blue-based red.  The finish seems like a cross between a jelly and a cream, because it's got a lot of the squishiness of jellies, but it's also very opaque.


All fingers except the ring have 2 coats (there was a bit of a mishap when trying to clean up my cuticles on my ring finger, so it effectively has 3 coats), and you can't tell the difference in pigmentation unless you're looking closely in the right light (like, say, the bright light of my lamp in these pictures...).  The formula's really nice, too––just glides onto the nail and covers really evenly.  It dries pretty quickly, too, which is nice.  I wore it with base and top coat, as I do all my polishes, but it's really shiny even without top coat.  I put it on my toes first, because I wasn't sure I was really up to having 50's pin-up girl nails, and it lasted a week with no issue (and looked darn cute, I might add, though since it's winter, no one except me really got to see them!).  I assume that it would last about the same on my fingers, if my nails weren't still kind of peely, but even so it got through 2 full days before chipping (and that was because my nail broke, no fault on the polish's part).  Beware, though, that red polish has a tendency to stain, so be sure to lay down a coat or two of base coat beforehand.

So, to summarize: All Fired Up is a lovely polish, very sexy and yet still classy, but it is very red.  This is not a polish for the faint of heart (though you can always wear it on your toes!).  But it makes me feel classic and retro and fabulous, and is exactly the kind of heart-stopping red I was wanting.

Overview
~$3.99 for 0.50 oz, available at drugstores

Quality: 9
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 4.5
Senses: 5
Pigmentation: 5
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Price: 3.75
Value: 4.75
Packaging: -0.25 (the wide base is so inconvenient for storage)
Grade: A-


What do you think of All Fired Up?  Do you like red polish?  What's a favorite of yours that I should check out?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...