Friday, November 11, 2011

Fragrance Friday: Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue Review

Fragrance Friday has made a triumphant return!  Though I can't promise it won't slink back into obscurity.  Today's fragrance for discussion: another Bond No. 9 scent, Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue (so named because the bottle features an Andy Warhol design of shoes).
Image from Bond No. 9

This is a great perfume, though from reading reviews online, I think I can say it's pretty polarizing.  I love it on me––it's warm, spicy, with a bit of woodiness, but isn't heavy or overbearing.  It just screams winter to me (or sexy night out on the town!).  Bond lists the notes as including: Blue cypress, fennel, roasted almonds, pink peony, creme brulée, and sandalwood; I smell most of those (with the exception of fennel, which is fine by me because fennel and I don't get along all that well), with a hefty dose of cardamom and star anise (which Fragrantica lists as notes).  I don't usually like food-oriented scents, as my review of West Side attests, but Lexington Avenue is gourmand done right, at least for my skin chemistry.  It has very nice projection, so I don't have to work to smell it, and it lasts all day with minimal fading.  Now, if only it weren't so expensive...
$160 for 1.7 oz, $230 for 3.4 oz, from Bond No. 9, or $5.99 for 0.057 oz sample vial on eBay (which is how I got my sample)

Have you tried Lexington Avenue?  Do you like gourmand fragrances?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...