Friday, December 30, 2011

DC

It's that time again, lovelies––I'm off to visit the boy in DC! Since it's New Year's, I probably won't be around much until the 3rd, but I've got a few posts scheduled, and I'll try to check in when possible.

I'm only bringing a few makeup products (carry-on/liquids rules suck), so I've pretty much got my NYE look planned out based on that: Urban Decay Rollergirl (minus the pink, probably), Urban Decay Rockstar eyeliner, theBalm Cabana Boy blush, and Chanel Dragon. I'm sorry I wasn't able to take a picture of everything together, but I put it off 'til today (bad Amy!) and now I have to leave to go to brunch then the airport. I will try to do a post-trip makeup summary/guide for how to save space when traveling, but no promises––the LSA (Linguistic Society of America) conference is the day after I get back from DC, and the day after I get back from that school starts. So, yeah. We'll see. But, so you don't feel completely abandoned, here's a picture of my NYE manicure. I suspect it'll be horribly chipped by tomorrow, but hey, I had to at least try!

Layering order:
1 coat Sally Hansen Hard as Nails hardener
2 coats Orly Au Champagne (review to come, at some point)
2 coats Essence Prism@tic White
1 coat INM Out the Door

I wasn't able to capture it in a picture, but the layering combination gives completely opaque shimmery white nails that color shift from turquoise to purple to pink. It's pretty awesome. Very wintry!

As always, leave a comment, tweet me, or send me an email if you have any questions, and I'll get back to you ASAP! Have a lovely new year, and thank you all so much for reading, commenting, and giving this blog a reason to exist! Happy 2012!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...