Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I hope you're all having a lovely day with your family :-) We don't celebrate Christmas religiously (at least not in my immediate family), but we do use it as an excuse to all be together and eat lots of food (our favorite pastime!).

Here are my Christmas nails; I painted them late last night after having a disastrous experience with the red Milani One Coat Glitter (denting, chipping, terrible), but I like this combination! And, beautifully, they match one of my rings––don't you love it when that happens?

Layering order, all but ring finger: (ETA: I realize now that I'm not wearing my ring on my ring finger, but I assume you're all intelligent enough to figure out what's going on.)
1 coat Brucci hardener
1 thick coat NYX Maroon
1 coat INM Out the Door

Ring finger:
1 coat Brucci hardener
3 coats Color Club Gingerbread
1 coat INM Out the Door
1 coat Gelous
1 coat INM Out the Door (last 2 coats done today)

The ring is a family heirloom with a ruby (my birthstone!) and diamonds; it was part of my college graduation present from my grandparents. Ain't it purty (though blurry, because I figured I should choose the picture that shows my nails better than my ring, since this is a beauty blog, not jewelry).

Did you do your nails special for Christmas? Or dress up at all?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...