Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's aliiiiiiive!

Hello, lovelies! I'm sorry the blog has been a bit slow lately; it's the end of the term, and I've had mountains of stuff to do. Happily, I am all done with my own papers, and I finished grading my students' finals, so after I turn grades in, I am done for a month! I have lots of stuff coming your way in the next few weeks, but here's a quick preview:

My current manicure, with Color Club's Gingerbread; full review to come in the next few days, I hope!

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Illusoire; this is a gorgeous sparkly purple-taupe cream-gel eyeshadow that I bought so I wouldn't have to pay shipping, but that will be going back tomorrow, as 1) I cannot afford a $36 eyeshadow, no matter how pretty, and 2) It creases on me (wtf).

It comes with its own little brush!! SO CUTE. And, because it's Chanel, classy. Also, functional. Full review to come, eventually.


My Milani Cyber Monday order! It arrived Tuesday, and then another package, with the same contents, arrived today...I contacted them to see if they want me to return it/will pay for return postage, but I'll have full reviews and swatches of everything up soon.

Tiny Essie nail polish bottles from TJ Maxx! I got them to give to my cousin (and to keep a couple for myself, shh, since I don't really have many "basic" shades), and because who could resist the cuteness?

Another TJ Maxx purchase, of MOR's Lychee Flower soap and hand cream. I've raved about my love of Lychee Flower before, but it's so expensive, so I was just thrilled to death to find these two packaged in an adorable tin for $10. I was planning to keep the hand cream for myself, but it turns out I don't like the texture nearly as much as the body butter texture, so I will give it to my cousin (same one as the Essies, actually!) instead.

Color Club Sugarplum Fairy, which I wore last week. So holographic and glittery and awesome.

And, lastly, the coup de grace: Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque. These are being discontinued, and cannot be found online anymore, but after reading all the raves on Temptalia and elsewhere, I decided I should splurge and get my first real red lipstick (/first Chanel!). And, at $32, it is a splurge! My store didn't have any left in stock, but they ordered it from another; I ordered Illusoire at the same time because I didn't want to pay the $10 shipping (WTF), which is how I ended up with a $36 eyeshadow. Dragon is everything I'd hoped it would be, and more, and I am perfectly content having finally acquired it (and fine with having to go back and deal with returns for Illusoire to have saved ten bucks!).

What have you been up to the last week or so? I feel like I've been out of touch. If you're on Twitter, let me know so I can follow you! I've managed to mostly keep up on reading others' feeds, since I just do it on my way to school and back, but hopefully I'll soon be able to interact more (and not just post "aaaack paper aaaack" daily). Are you excited for the holiday season? I've found myself putting in CDs more often than usual, because I loathe Christmas music, and 2 out of 6 of my standby stations are playing it non-stop (and 1 more is playing them part-time). How do you feel about Christmas tunes? Lastly, how's the weather where you are? It's been below freezing (literally) and alternating between foggy, overcast, and sunny, which is a weird change from the normal raininess that is (or at least, used to be) the Pacific Northwest in the winter. I'm glad I still have all my cold-weather clothing from going to school back East, because I've been making judicious use of my warm boots, long down coat, and multitude of scarves!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...