Sunday, January 29, 2012

30 Days Makeup Challenge: Day 4

For an overview of this series, see here!

Favorite special occasion lip?
While I tend to gravitate towards sheerer plums and pinks for my everyday wear, I go for the gusto when it comes to special occasion lipstick. No nudes here!
Le Métier de Beauté Fraise Crème (left; enlarge to see the sparklies!), Chanel Dragon

Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque was the first truly designer purchase I made, and is fittingly the perfect rich red. It's a little high-maintenance, since it has to be applied with a lip brush (and even a lip pencil, though I've yet to cave and buy one just for that purpose, since I don't wear them otherwise!) and you have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't fade in the middle, but it's so beautiful that who can complain? Le Métier de Beauté Fraise Crème Lip Crème is not as bold as Dragon, though it's certainly no shrinking violet, and its combination of pretty shimmer, amazing wear, and lovely texture make it a fantastic choice for less formal events, as well as those times when you can't afford to be worried about your lipstick (say, at a conference, or a wedding, or when you're watching tv and waiting for your food to be delivered and you don't want to scare the delivery person but you're too lazy to go and check in the mirror).

I've got my sights set on a few other special occasion lips (all high-end, naturally!), but I'm trying to bide my time until I have an excuse to get them. What are your go-to special occasion lip products? Do you like bold lips, or do you prefer to go more neutral on lips and play up your eyes? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...