Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Color Club Holiday Splendor Nail Polish (from the Beyond the Mistletoe Collection) Review and Swatches

This is one of the CC glitter/holos I got from Ross. It's the only one of the 6 that has a tinted base, and it's really gorgeous. Not quite as blingtastic as Sugarplum Fairy or Beyond the Mistletoe, but the formula is better (didn't need to be thinned!) and the color more than makes up for the more muted holo.
Color Club Holiday Splendor
Holiday Splendor is a blue-toned green jelly with holo and green glitter.
2 coats Holiday Splendor

Macro shot! You can see the nail line better here

It was mostly opaque after 2 coats, though if VNL annoys you, 3 would be better. It applied really easily and lasted without chipping for the 2 days I wore it, during which time I couldn't stop admiring my fingers! I don't know what it is about blue nail polish that puts me off, because I apparently love green and purple...something to ponder.

If you like traditional, conservative nail polish colors, Holiday Splendor is clearly not for you. If you like flash and green, though, I definitely recommend hunting it down!

Overview
$8.00 for 0.50 oz, available from some drugstores and etailers; I got mine as part of a set from Ross for $7.99 total

Quality: 8.5
Effectiveness: 5
Ease of Use: 4 (it applies really easily, but removal is still a pain, thanks to the glittery bits)
Senses: 4.5 (needs at least two coats of top coat to be not bumpy)
Pigmentation: 4.75
Duration: 5
Consistency: 5
Price: 3
Value: 5
Grade: A-


In short? It's pretty awesome. I'm tempted to wear it again, though I should really try and go through the rest of the polishes in my collection that I haven't reviewed yet...but it's so sparkly and green!

What do you think of Holiday Splendor? Have you tried any Color Club polishes?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...