Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Summary

I've decided to reinstate Sunday Summary, as much for my own benefit as for yours, dear readers. It's so much fun to get to go back through the posts from the past week and be reminded of what's new and interesting! Since I've started Currently Coveting, I won't include a section on products I'm interested in, but I will keep at least a question or two for the survey. And, as is true for all my features, don't count on this being reliably weekly!

There's been a load of posts on magnetic polishes this week, which thrills me no end. I'm still trying to find some cheap ones near me, but until then, I love looking at the swatches! China Glaze is coming out with a collection, Magnetix, that should hit Sally stores in February or March (I haven't been able to find any solid info on the US release, but it's coming out in the Netherlands in March, so...yeah), but some stores have gotten it in already, and they've sent the collection out to some bloggers. The PolishAholic and Nailstah both have swatches and reviews of the entire collection. ICING (and perhaps Claire's, though I haven't checked there myself) has also released a magnetic collection, and Let Them Have Polish has reviews of the blue-purple and gold-green options (and, while it wasn't technically posted in the past week, The PolishAholic has swatches of all four colors!). Lastly, Nouveau Cheap came across magnetic polishes at Rite Aid and posted her review and swatches. I picked one up yesterday and will do a post on it as soon as I have the chance to play with it some more.

Christine's added a couple of Rouge Automatique reviews to the Temptalia collection, Vega and Chamade. Vega is so gorgeous, wantwantwant.

Shannon of Lipstick Musings has recently embarked on a quest to make her beauty routine more natural and organic, and wrote a gorgeous post on a natural perfume from Aftelier. I am dying to try some samples myself!

Steph of Imperfectly Painted shares her bad experience with butter LONDON––I always find negative reviews to be refreshing (in part because then I don't feel like I'm the only one!), since it's great as a consumer to get as wide a range of experiences as possible. I imagine companies don't feel the same, but that's the beauty of the blogosphere!

And, because no Sunday Summary is complete without completely unrelated links, see here (and watch the video, zomg so cute). If you don't follow Cute Overload, your life is not complete. I hope you have some free time to catch up on all the cuteness.


And now, the questions (answer in the comments!):

What book are you reading?
Confession: I don't really have time to do pleasure reading at this point. I'm currently "reading" A Grammar of Modern Telugu for my syntax class, as well as Givón's Syntax I textbook, and a couple of sociolinguistics books for the class I'm GTFing, but I would love to hear what you're reading on the off-chance I have the time (and inclination) to do some of my own!

What's the last thing you ate?
Pistachios, still in the shell. It's amazing how much better they taste when you have to work to eat them!


Have you voted in the blog poll?
No, because I already know what I think (namely, find out what the readers want!). But if you haven't contributed your opinions yet, please do! I will be forever indebted to you :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...